Monday, November 8, 2010

Sophisticated soliloquies by Sam

You know what really grinds my gears? Inconsiderate people. I don’t understand why people think they need to talk every minute of everyday. Not everyone wants to hear the sound of your voice all the time, especially during a test. There are some people who can only do well on a test in a quiet environment and you aren’t helping!

That’s not the only thing that grinds my gears. I have come to the decision that our hallways need lanes. We need lanes that keep the hallway organized and prevent traffic jams. This probably wouldn’t be necessary if some people wouldn’t stop randomly to talk to their boyfriend/girlfriend. Congratulations, you have a boyfriend, but that doesn’t mean you can stop in the middle of the hallway to talk to them. If our hallways were designed like roads, there could be a specific place for people to stop and talk without getting in everyone’s way.

Have you ever noticed the amount of trash and food that is left on the tables after lunch? First of all, that’s just gross. Second of all, it’s really not that complicated to throw away your trash and clean up whatever you spilled. You’re not a toddler anymore, so pick up after yourselves and quit making other people do it for you.


-Sam Johnson, junior staffer

3 comments:

  1. You know what grinds my gears? When I run out of grease for my bike chain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! The hallway and talking during tests really irritates me too.

    ReplyDelete