Friday, September 2, 2011

Fighting the Freeze

Is it just me, or does it feel like Jack Frost has descended upon our school?


Our halls are filled with an abundance of students wearing heavy sweatshirts and bulky overcoats.  With temperatures hitting record highs outside, it’s hard to believe that people are dressed in fall apparel during summer!

Personally, I feel like I’m going to school in a refrigerator.  I dress almost everyday in the warmest clothes I can find in order to combat the sub-zero temperatures inside our school.  On the few days I do dress like its summer, I freeze, shivering throughout the entire day, and living with permanent goose bumps. Sometimes, I go outside during lunch just to warm up!

I would think with the massive budget cuts we’ve had to endure teachers wouldn’t mind turning the thermostats up a little.  My question is: wouldn’t it save us more money?

I understand that some people like being extremely cold, but I personally can’t focus on what my teacher is saying when I’m focused on how cold I am! My plea is this: please warm up the school! The students in jackets will thank you.

By Megan James and Abbey Bengtson

No comments:

Post a Comment